Burglary Witness Appeal Alert
Subject: Appeal for witnesses following an attempted burglary in Great Bourton.
Thames Valley Police is appealing for witnesses following an attempted burglary in Main street.
The incident took place around 0300 on the 27/10/18 after offenders attempted to gain access to the property.
If you have any information about this incident please call 101, quoting reference 43180328353.
You can reduce the risk of becoming a victim of burglary by taking a few simple steps:
- When going out, remember to light up your home using timer switches or a TV simulator.
- Don’t leave valuables or cash on display and store your house and car keys away from your letterbox.
- Move bins away from any side gates to prevent easy access into your property.
- Lock any tools away to prevent them being used to break into your home.
- Consider fitting a motion activated external light or installing a CCTV system.
- Finally, mark your valuables using a UV pen and register them on the national property register at www.immobilise.com.
For more burglary prevention advice please visit our website at www.thamesvalley.police.uk/burglary